Dear all parents and carers existing and new.
Welcome to the new school year! We are delighted to be able to welcome all our families back this term and are excited about the term ahead. We are to welcome all our families over the next few days, I know we are only a few days in but the children have been remarkable at how they have come in – settled and happy – what more could anyone ask for! Remember they take the lead from you so if you are calm and positive they will be too!
For your peace of mind here are some of the key measures we are taking to ensure safety for everyone:
- we are operating in small bubbles which remain consistent and do not mix
- staff are not timetabled to work in more than one bubble
- staggered start and finish times
- 2m markings
- hand gel throughout the site
- children and staff wash hands on arrival and throughout the day
- our rooms are well ventilated
- we are spending as much time outside as possible
We feel confident that we are adhering to all the government guidance and managing risk as effectively as we possibly can. You can help us to remain healthy as a school community by doing the following:
- Do not bring your child in if they have any symptoms (feeling hot or a temperature/new persistent cough/changes in taste or smell) if we notice any of these symptoms your child will be isolated from the bubble and you will be asked to collect them and go to be tested. We know that young children regularly get coughs and temperatures – its a normal part of being a young child but we are advised by public health that we must follow the guidelines assuming they are positive until a negative test is gained. Apologies but this is something we are all going to have to get used to for a while!
- Be prompt with drop off and pick up times
- Ensure we have emergency contact numbers up to date
- Let us know if anyone in your household has tested positive
- Be aware of your own safety in the community and following government guidelines e.g. mask wearing, social distancing
- Ensure your children’s clothes and belongings are clean
Unfortunately we have become aware of a social media hoax which we want to draw your attention to. I am sure that no parent/carer would think this to be true but just in case please have a look at the following and be aware that it is not true. To be clear if we suspect a case you will be asked to collect your child immediately and go for testing.
Lets hope the promised Indian summer arrives and we can enjoy the weather for as long as possible. Remember that although our building is closed to parents and carers, our office is open during school hours for phone calls so if you have a query feel free to ring or email.
Mrs Helen Adams